Friday, June 3, 2011

Damn that Woman

She left a fucking severed rabbit's head in my bag. What the HELL. Out of all the things to leave, a severed head? At least it wasn't a human head...Dammit Eternity.
Well anyway, short rant about getting all my stuff bloody over...She came to me last night. I was sitting by the campfire (I figured both Slendy and Eternity knew where I was anyway, so what the hell right?) and all of a sudden I get this horrible paranoid feeling. And then there was a shadow in the trees..I made a run for the water. I thought it was Him, I really did..hey it was dark and it was a shadow in the trees. Gimme a break.
She stepped out with this smug look on her face, like she was impersonating Him on purpose..Who knows, she might have been. She came to the fire, sat down on the other side.

Eternity> Well, hello Black Hawk. We meet face to face at last. Do not look so afraid, I am not here to play, this time. I merely wish to talk.
Me> Forgive me if I don't trust you at all, in the least. Everything you do is part of some sick game. Following me while I'm being followed by Slendy, you have serious nerve, I'll give you that.
Eternity> Ah yes, the Faceless. Why does he frighten you so, Hawk?
Me> He's the epitome of fear, terror, paranoia. He's the thing kids see in their nightmares, except this nightmare is real and it's out for blood.
Eternity> Out for blood. That is a thing I understand quite well. I have been many people's nightmares, you know. Never children though. I do not like being near children. There is something very disturbing about them.
[[I'm storing this for later. It might be helpful]] Me> Why are you here. How does this fit into your game. I can't imagine small talk is something you are interested in.
Eternity> Well. My usual goal is go get the victim feeling comfortable. But I suspect you know that. But on a serious note, do you know how long it has been since anyone has looked me in the eye and spoken to me? Well. Other than pleas for their lives that is. So an inquiry then. Your name. I wish to know it.
Me> You already do. Black Hawk. My parents were tradition followers. I obtained my name through the traditions of my people. And I don't want to know your name. I'll stick with the name you've given yourself.
Eternity> Why?
Me> I have my reasons. I think you can guess at most of them.
Eternity> I can indeed. In fact, I ......


She cut off and stared directly into the trees opposite the shoreline. She pulled a sword (out of nowhere, might I add. I never saw the thing when she walked up) and sliced at the darkness. A body fell at her feet. It rolled over and looked up at her with a grin. I instantly knew: A servant of Him. He wasn't dead. Disabled by a very well placed cut, but he'll heal eventually. Surprised she didn't kill him actually....

And then there He was. It seemed like he just appeared out of nowhere, just this side of the trees. My God, the voice AGAIN. It hurts... She just stared at Him. Not moving, not even blinking, just staring. I wondered what was going on inside her head, if she was hearing Him, if He had her in some kind of..trance or something. And then I did something odd. I grabbed her and threw her to the ground. He didn't like that, not one bit. I could FEEL his anger...My god, my god, my god...I took off then, diving headfirst into the water, swimming like a madman. I heard a splash behind me, but I didn't stop to look. When I got to the other side, she was nowhere to be seen..The proxy was still there, on his feet now, leaning on a tree branch..I don't know where He went. I'm alive though, and I have a (horrible? relieved? I don't know!) feeling she is too.

2 comments:

  1. Heh. Looks like Big Bad Eternity wasn't so big and bad after all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to see you try to face down the Faceless. I do not think you could do it either.

    ReplyDelete